Friday, November 14, 2008

Another Tiresome Project from Michael Moore

I struggled with the title to this post. I wanted to put something like: Fat Slob Commie Wants to Lecture About the Economy. But I'm trying to establish a little class on this site, so no cheap shots.

Last week I wrote about what Michael Moore got wrong: Memo to Michael Moore: Profits and Share Price Are Important

Now I see Michael Moore has a new film he's working on, and he plans to tackle the economy.

But as the political winds shifted in the months before the election --
and gusted after it -- Moore subtly began reorienting his movie. Instead of foreign policy, the film's focus now is more on the global financial crisis and the U.S. economy.


The untitled movie will contain an end-of-the-empire tone...
....

Moore has also said that in some ways he sees the movie less as a sequel to the Middle East-themed "Fahrenheit 9/11" than as a bookend to "Roger & Me," the director's breakthrough nearly two decades ago. That movie featured the U.S. economy and the auto industry at its center, and that, if nothing else, could again prove a timely theme.

How shameless. As I mentioned in my last post, Moore's championing of fat cat unions over shareholders in Roger & Me got it all wrong. Labor costs are the main reason why GM has failed.

I'm curious to see "how he knew it along." He's always short on specifics, and big on subterfuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment