Wednesday, May 13, 2009

PJ O'Rourke On Conservative Talk Personalities

Here's an oldie but a goodie from 2004 as conservative PJ laments against people he might even agree with: the Limbaughs, Hannitys and Coulters. I Agree With Me
Coulter begins her book thus:

Liberals have a preternatural gift for striking a position on the side of treason. You could be talking about Scrabble and they would instantly leap to the anti-American position. Everyone says liberals love America, too. No they don't. Whenever the nation is under attack, from within or without, liberals side with the enemy.

Now, there's a certain truth in what she says. But it's what's called a "poetic truth." And it's the kind of poetic truth best conveyed late in the evening after six or eight drinks while pounding the bar. I wasn't in a bar. I was in my office. It was the middle of the day. And I was getting a headache.
Read the whole thing.

The argument continues to this day at NRO.

No comments:

Post a Comment